Truth is light
a cliche that has not brightened many lives,
because lack of faith hinders blossoming.
I no longer inhabit the darkness.
I am stretching out pure roots,
and good soil nourishes my
growing.
I am the same seed searching
for select soil so that I can
spread my soul and spirit
in the Sun.
My Savior has summoned me
from my surly surroundings.
He inhabits my heart and holds
it heuristically and holistically so the horizon of my heart
has hollered, Hosanna!
Thorns and thistles covered my
personal garden of Eden where
God wanted to walk with me
in the cool of the day.
However, He has cleared a path
for escape from what choked
my growth,
so even the wisdom that sprouts
from my scalp can break thru
the hard soil that surrounds
my conscience.
He has sent the Shepherd
with a loving rod to drive me
to my wealthy and wise place
Where I might truly be a child of
light.
With a Light burden.
No comments:
Post a Comment